Monthly subscription boxes are increasingly popular and have been for the past few years. I am familiar with all of the beauty boxes, such as Glossybox and its contemporaries. However I am slightly less aware of monthly food subscription boxes, and as a HUGE fan of food (what girls not?!) I can say that I was incredibly excited to open my Degustabox and see all the goodies waiting for me!
Inside I found:
- Belvita Breakfast Cocoa with Chocolate Chip Biscuits (x6)
- Belvita Breakfast Duo Crunch Biscuits (Apricot & Live Yoghurt) (x5)
- Bavaria Premium Original Non-Alcholic Beer
- Bavaria Lager Shandy
- Bavaria Radler with a Hint of Lemon
- Bisto Chicken Stock Melts (x6)
- Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate with a Hint of Chilli
- OXO Shake & Flavour Garlic & Herb Seasoning Granules
- Bisto Chefs Special Gravy Granules: Caramelised Onion Gravy, Rich Beef with Cracked Black Pepper, Chicken with Sage & Onion, Lamb with a Twist of Mint
- Levi Roots Smoky Jerk Cooking Sauce
- Levi Roots Jerk Chicken Paste
- Drink Me Chai Spiced Chair Latte
- Yu! Granola & Mango (x6)
- Yu! Granola & Strawberry (x6)
I was impressed by the variety that this box had to offer. There were options for breakfast, supper, snacks and beverages. Obviously not every item in the box appealed to me, mainly due to the fact that I am quite fussy when it comes to food. However, even the things that I wasn't ecstatic about I have plans for (for example, the chilli dark chocolate will taste delicious in brownies!). Its simply a case of trying to be more creative with the things you have!
This box would be ideal for those at uni, its under the £10 mark, and you get a box packed with goodies that will last you weeks. The products in this box were all easy to use, for example, the Levi Roots cooking sauces; its simple to pop some sauce in a pan alongside some chicken and create a quick and easy meal. Other products, such as the gravy granules and stock melts, which are handy essentials to have stored away for those spontaneous cooking moments! Sunday roast anybody?! The beers may be perfect for any male housemates, or for yourself! And the chocolate is certainly a winner to treat yourself to, or make brownies with?
What do you think of Degustabox?
I think its fantastic value, and perfect for uni students on a low budget, who wish to get the most out of their money!